Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drum Machine Midi Probs
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > Other Controllers, Interfaces, DSP Cards
bradondc
I have a roland drum machine and want to imput midi signals into my mac, for recording drum patterns into a software instrument. I have an Alesis io/2 and got two midi cables. I connected the out of the roland to the in of the alesis. This worked perfectly first time, but now for some reason it doesnt work. I looked on midi monitor and it just keeps saying 'active sense' every fraction of a second, pressing any key on the drum machine just results in an invalid message in midi monitor. Any suggestions?

Thanks
lepetitmartien
Have you set up the drum machine as master clock or not? (only thing that I think of out of the box)
pushtobreak
I had the same problem a while back on my dual G5 2Ghz desktop. Searched high and low for an answer but, could find none. The USB hub has been completely useless to me. Thankfully, now I'm just using less USB devices but , I would love to hear any solutions or ideas on what the problem is.

Sorry, hit the wrong reply button.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.