Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Can I Read Akai Samples Cd On Mac Osx ?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > iMusic: iPod, iTunes, MP3 etc.
Liberty
Hi there,

Does anyone knows how to scan AKAI or EMU samples CD Rom, on Mac OSX ?
It is such a drag to load each bank in a sampler, or to convert it into GigaStudio files, just to listen to it …

I did it once on Mac OS 9.1, but I can't recall on which application (Astarte ??…)
I use DP on G5 OS 10.3.9

Thanks for your help

liberty
t_a_burrows
LIberty, I use CDXtract (www.cdxtract.com, I think). Can convert most formats to most other formats. I've used it to do Akai and Giga to Kontakt. It's very simple to use, allows you to slot in non-Mac format CDs (like Akai) and seems to convert the various paramaters used in multisample sets pretty effectively. It also enables you to set up some sort of database for your samples, although I've never used this feature. Hope that helps. Terry
Liberty
QUOTE (t_a_burrows @ Sun 31 Dec 2006, 08:59) *
LIberty, I use CDXtract (www.cdxtract.com, I think). Can convert most formats to most other formats. I've used it to do Akai and Giga to Kontakt. It's very simple to use, allows you to slot in non-Mac format CDs (like Akai) and seems to convert the various paramaters used in multisample sets pretty effectively. It also enables you to set up some sort of database for your samples, although I've never used this feature. Hope that helps. Terry

Thanks a lot Terry,
I got this application and it works fine !
liberty
gdoubleyou
Also some of the virtual samplers can convert akai format, EXS24, Kontakt, and MOTU Mach 5 can read Akai CDs.

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.