Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tascam Us 428 & Jag 10.2
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > Tascam
salparadise99
Is the new OS X 10.2 compatible with the Tacam US 428'?

blink.gif
salparadise99
For now just the Cubasis version that comes with the 428. I will most likely upgrade to Cubase SX, and also will use "Drumkit From Hell" with "Battery" for dedicated drum simulation.

Do you know of people that have had success with the US 428? I heard that the drivers are not that good yet and that the music recorded sounds badly didtorted....but that was only one user's response.

What do you think?

huh.gif
deleted
Firstly, i also have an us-428, but i personnaly will wait for my favorite sequencer to be released under os X first (Digital Performer, not to name it).Till then, i will not cross the line, even the jaguar one...
Logic users are a step forward right now. I just hope the first os x release of DP will be stable enough to professionnaly work with (first releases are rarely like that). Cubase SX is very promising, also... As is, Nuendo X.
Cubasis? Mhhh... Anybody using it?

Secondly, i never heard of bad opinions concerning us-428's support under os x, on the contrary; just make sure you have the latest release... But maybe jaguar has squizzed all those 10,1,5 things out? :-)

Maybe i'll tell you more in a few weeks ;-)

(sorry for the lack of vocabulary and grammar mistakes)

Bye.
damann
QUOTE (salparadise99 @ Sep 9 2002, 02:56)
I heard that the drivers are not that good yet and that the music recorded sounds badly didtorted....but that was only one user's response.

obviously, no developers (especially those as big as roland/edirol) would release an interface if such problems existed. wink.gif
the user obviously had problems of his own. laugh.gif
logic users appear to be a step forward at the moment (i'm one), but in reality the 10.2 version of logic has no support other than the motu 828 beta! blink.gif
as yukulele says. we're playing a waiting game at the moment.
one thing i've learned is that it dosen't pay to be among the first to endorse/rely on something new in the computing world. unsure.gif
os9 co-habits your hard drive happily with osx and provides a great music making experience!
rickenbacker
Cubasis (at least the full commercial release) isn't half bad for starting out making music with a Mac. I've got a copy of 2.0 and still use it occasionally for getting down quick ideas and trying out VST plugs.

Unfortunately, the 428 will not work with this version of Cubasis - it only works with the bundled version. Which is sh*t.
leigh
angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
I've got a US 428 with new powermac and jaguar and I've been discussing this with apple and tascam
IT DOES NOT WORK for audio
ONLY MIDI
The problem comes from jaguar so we must wait for an OS X.2 update

That is bad news for apple caus no usb interfaces seem to work

Hurry up apple
deleted
Sorry Leigh, but the Tascam US-428 is working just fine here! Including Audio. On a PBG4 400MHz, Firewire drive, last drivers from the Tascam's website. OS X.2.
Do you mean it doesn't work only with the newest powermacs?

It works fine, except i occasionnaly (3 times in 2 weeks) lost the main stereo analog output (but not the heaphones output, nor the s/pdif one). Strange. I generally unplug the interface, then plug it in again.

Bye.
leigh
Hi!

G4 Double 1 Ghz, 768 Mo ram, OS 10.2.1, ..etc.....

I'm glad to hear thet someone is able to use the US 428 with Jaguar.
We are a lot out here stuck with an audio card that crashes after 2 or 3 min, sound starts krkiling then slowly dissapears.
It used to work fine under 10.1.5, even better than good I was amazed.
The problems aren't only on the latest powermacs but also on quicksilver and older G4's.

If you have found the miracle solution, pleas tell us about it.

Read at http://www.tascambbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.ph...ic;f=9;t=007847

Thanks for everything wink.gif wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.