Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Macbook - Universal Binary - Which Plug Ins Work?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Plug-Ins and Virtual Instruments
daddyrich99
Hi, whoever can help.
I'm shortly going to be buying a Macbook, 1.83ghz, intel core duo etc.

My question is, do NON-universal binary plugins work with this, within Ableton Live 5.2?

Any all round advice on this subject would be extremely helpful before I go spending money!

Many Thanks
stovall
It is my understanding that all universal programs require universal plugins.
Mac Daddy
daddyrich. Check Sound On Sound Magazine. They give the best Reviews. What they don't Test, don't buy.
lepetitmartien
And a non UB plug-in will never work on an intel mac…
Kwasi
Before making the move from PPC to Intel, I suggest you make sure your current projects are finished, and you do not face an important deadline. In my experience, there are always unexpected surprises. So if you can time it like that...
Mac Daddy
kwasi... That is the best advice. Bravo. Thinking "Outside The Box". Plus: "Why not keep both systems?"
ed van otterdijk
There are more plugins that don't work than ones that do on intel!
You will have to be patient.
mortalengines
I drool over the notion of getting a macbook pro but I. personally, would like to wait another 6 months for exactly the reasons described in the previous threads. I'll suffer with my 2 year old G4 powerbook for just a little bit longer.
Kwasi
QUOTE (mortalengines @ Fri 1 Dec 2006, 08:18) *
I drool over the notion of getting a macbook pro but I. personally, would like to wait another 6 months for exactly the reasons described in the previous threads. I'll suffer with my 2 year old G4 powerbook for just a little bit longer.

That's it, mortalengines. Think about what you could get done in six months with a system that is well set up and proven to work. It will be six months of sheer creative indulgence before I consider the move to intel and start wrestling with the technology beast again ...if that makes sense... rolleyes.gif
gdoubleyou
here is a thread that is tracking UB plugs.
http://www.bigbluelounge.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28884

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.