Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice On A Sampler With Logic Express 7.2
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Logic Express & Logic Pro
apetti
cool.gif
I am thinking of getting Sampletank v.2.2 to use with Logic Express 7.2 but am not sure whether it will work with Logic. Does anyone know if it does or whether they can recommend another good sampler to plugin to Logic Express.

Many thanks
mididiot
It works fine with Logic Pro and Logic Express.
QUOTE (apetti @ Fri 24 Nov 2006, 15:00) *
cool.gif
I am thinking of getting Sampletank v.2.2 to use with Logic Express 7.2 but am not sure whether it will work with Logic. Does anyone know if it does or whether they can recommend another good sampler to plugin to Logic Express.

Many thanks
KingBarbarossa
It depends what you want to do with the sampler and if you plan on buying more additional sample libraries from other manufacturers.

I am using Kontakt2 and after they had fixed all major bugs it works well for me now. Many libraries are available in Kontakt format but the best of it all is the scripting feature. Even if you do not want to get into such advanced features, many sample libraries now make use of it and it results in very much enhanced playability. Adding various forms of expression to the mod wheel and other tricks that noticeably can make instruments sound more realistic.

I do not know if sample tank can offer this kind of realism. It sure has it's advantages too. The library that comes with it looks impressive.
leegrainge
QUOTE (mididiot @ Fri 24 Nov 2006, 18:24) *
It works fine with Logic Pro and Logic Express.
QUOTE (apetti @ Fri 24 Nov 2006, 15:00) *

cool.gif

Many thanks

If you can.. Get Kontakt II - very powerfull and as someone else said it's got a hefty library with it... Have fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.