Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternatives To Korg Legacy?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Plug-Ins and Virtual Instruments
mechcon
Hiya, I'm new to vst's, and what not, and I recently got into ableton live 6.0.1. I got a powerbook g4 1.67GHz w/ 2gb ram w/ os1 10.4.8

Problem I find is that i like the sounds like ultimate trance, and trance leads, amongst others! and I use the other ones too, that come with the Korg Legacy vst Legacy Cell. Problem I'm facing is that its very cpu intensive once I throw 3 of them into the session! (only alternative, and a good one to boot is the freezing of tracks)

I was curious to see if there are any other vst's out there (even free tongue.gif) which produce trance leads as such?

I guess im glad i bought korg legacy 2nd hand then tongue.gif

Thanks guys would love some input on this scenario smile.gif
gdoubleyou
check out kvraudio.com, they have listing and links to all available plugins/freeware.

Also the dontcrack.com site advertised on this site has a freeware section.

cool.gif
lepetitmartien
Not to mention our software tracker wink.gif

laugh.gif
Illusionrake
Try out Rob Papen´s Albino 3 or Blue synthezisers. There are demo versions available. Or get a TC PowerCore and Access Virus plug-in and you´ll get virtually no CPU strain at all...not for cheap though.

rake

I was curious to see if there are any other vst's out there (even free tongue.gif) which produce trance leads as such?

I guess im glad i bought korg legacy 2nd hand then tongue.gif

Thanks guys would love some input on this scenario smile.gif
[/quote]
KingBarbarossa
One of the best soft synths for trance leads and such is Vanguard by ReFX.
Check out their demo!
It also has a very friendly price tag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.