Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rewire To Pro Tools Without Plugins Getting Deactivated?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Live
noharmlessrock
I have got an Impulse drum track that i have tweaked to such a good place using several plugins.

All i would like to do is route each part of the kit to a seperate track BUT....here's the catch, i REALLY need the original Plug In Effect routed in with each seperate track. Thus far i only seem to get a dry signal when i re route.

There is something that really special that happens and the effects ping pong and bounce off of each other in the single track that is completely lost when i try to recreate the feel of the track and what the effects do to it. it just feels flat.

When i try to "rewire" to pro tools to record it says that my plug in devices are deactivated when live is slaved, thus i loose the feel that the plug in gave the track

what would be an awesome fix, would be to record the 8 tracks seperately in LIVE with the initial effect intact, or a work around that would keep the plugins "activated" while pro tools is recording the track

any thoughts on this would be great!
monkeyboy23
QUOTE (noharmlessrock @ Wed 27 Sep 2006, 15:41) *
I have got an Impulse drum track that i have tweaked to such a good place using several plugins.

All i would like to do is route each part of the kit to a seperate track BUT....here's the catch, i REALLY need the original Plug In Effect routed in with each seperate track. Thus far i only seem to get a dry signal when i re route.

There is something that really special that happens and the effects ping pong and bounce off of each other in the single track that is completely lost when i try to recreate the feel of the track and what the effects do to it. it just feels flat.

When i try to "rewire" to pro tools to record it says that my plug in devices are deactivated when live is slaved, thus i loose the feel that the plug in gave the track

what would be an awesome fix, would be to record the 8 tracks seperately in LIVE with the initial effect intact, or a work around that would keep the plugins "activated" while pro tools is recording the track

any thoughts on this would be great!

The easiest thing to do would be to render each of the tracks in Live and then import the resulting audio tracks into PT. Live's built-in effects should bounce to PT in ReWire... I assume from the description that you're using AU or VST effects for the drums?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.