Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Itunes 7.0 Album Art
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > iMusic: iPod, iTunes, MP3 etc.
redstrype
Greetings all,
I just upgraded from itunes 6.5 to 7.0, a move I'm always a little skeptical about, it seems that with every new version, we get a few more bells and whistles, but we lose some control. I was really estactic to find out about the automatic Album Artwork update, I also like the new interface for the ipod, but here's my problem I am afraid that in order for me to import the album art on to my ipod I have to sync the two, and consequently lose all of the music that's on my ipod, but not in my itunes library (all the tunes I've pulled off friends itunes libraries) . Is there a way around this? Click and drag did not work, and I selected "show album art on ipod", but nothing happened.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again...I love this forum!!!

-Strype
gdoubleyou
go to versiontracker.com search on ipod, there are a few shareware/freware apps that allow you to save the contents of your iPod.

cool.gif
Mac Daddy
gdoubleyou on the case as always.
Mac Daddy
Strype, may your iPod be the only problem confront... I never heard an iPod Question asked in the Forum before, but leave it to one of our Members to have the answer... gdoubleyou...

I've always wanted one of those... As soon as I get some music finished I will purchase one... But, for my music first... Or if someone gets me one or if I find one... Is it true people have them 'Implanted' to protect them from loss and theft? I joke. Welcome Strype... and quit showing off with your fancy iPod. Joke.
redstrype
You're right Mac Daddy!! I'll keep the fancy ipod talk to a minimum, but don't worry I'll have plenty of DAW issues as well...stay tuned! LOL

Thanks for all the thoughts, much appreciated!

-Strype
Mac Daddy
Yo Rich Kid... Strype... What is a nice kid like you doing in this bad neighborhood? The one and only with an iPod question... but leave it to 440 Forum to have a 'Wunderkind" (Extraordinarily Smart Person) to have the answer...

So you have an iPod, Bentley and live on an Estate in Eliteville... What DAW stuff do you have? Tell me and make me feel 'Studio Underprivileged'!

An iPod... with that kind of money I could get a Software 'Upgrade', pay my electric bill... get a new Bathrobe... get wasted... But, noooooo, you gotta have your fancy iPod... it ain't fair!!!

On the real side... How many of "Your Songs" do you have on your iPrecious? Or you strictly an iGuy using iTunes? How much money have you iInvested in Downloads? I met a German lady with $4,000 Euros of Downloads, she also had a Porsche and a great body, I digress.

The though of losing an iPod scares me. Does, Mac have an Insurance for iPods and Downloads? Sort of an iInsurance? Where they would replace the iPod and music Downloaded? They would have a Record of downloads...

Hmmmmm... iInsurance... I'll get right on that idea... make millions and move to Eliteville near Strype...
jimdubpram
I'd like to join the growing body of ipod users on this forum.
ipods rock !!!
Use mine to transfer data between laptops.
Use it through the stereo in the van (Great for checking new mixes in a tight stereo environment ).
Use it as back-up on my mobile disco /PA in case the cd player gets too sensitive and decides to sulk.(Bloody lasers/cd trays etc.etc.)
Click wheels forever..... I'm an ipod bod.!! tongue.gif
redstrype
Mac Daddy,
I run Logic 7.2 and Reason 3.4 on a 17 " iMac Intel Core Duo with an M-audio FW 410.
I have 8000 songs on my iprecious. I don't invest in downloads I work for the second largest record company in the world, so I get free music, or I buy the record and import it. Mac does have insurance, but I don't have it...cuz I would never lose it, my ipod is like my pace maker.

That's a good idea though, the trouble is that Apple wouldn't get paid twice for the lost downloads, so I don't see it ever happening.

The Weather is gorgeous in Eliteville right now, I highly recomend you take a visit....
I'm rich biatch!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Tue 19 Sep 2006, 10:41) *
Yo Rich Kid... Strype... What is a nice kid like you doing in this bad neighborhood? The one and only with an iPod question... but leave it to 440 Forum to have a 'Wunderkind" (Extraordinarily Smart Person) to have the answer...

So you have an iPod, Bentley and live on an Estate in Eliteville... What DAW stuff do you have? Tell me and make me feel 'Studio Underprivileged'!

An iPod... with that kind of money I could get a Software 'Upgrade', pay my electric bill... get a new Bathrobe... get wasted... But, noooooo, you gotta have your fancy iPod... it ain't fair!!!

On the real side... How many of "Your Songs" do you have on your iPrecious? Or you strictly an iGuy using iTunes? How much money have you iInvested in Downloads? I met a German lady with $4,000 Euros of Downloads, she also had a Porsche and a great body, I digress.

The though of losing an iPod scares me. Does, Mac have an Insurance for iPods and Downloads? Sort of an iInsurance? Where they would replace the iPod and music Downloaded? They would have a Record of downloads...

Hmmmmm... iInsurance... I'll get right on that idea... make millions and move to Eliteville near Strype...
Mac Daddy
redstrype... You got me grinnin so much my face is about to break... I'm rich biatch!!!!!!!!!!! You like Dave?! You're alright with me Grasshopper... Plus you work for a Record Company! Scared of you! Do you accept unsolicited music or will I have to sleep with you first? I'm joking about the sleeping but not about the submission. Where is Eliteville?

I'm from Strong Island, Zoo York. 12 years in Australia and currently, Hamburg, 5 years. 16 months Sing-Sing. I created the first proper use of WWW Working, Womanizing and Wandering... I used to be rich too biatch!!!!!!!!!!! Then DDDD Divorce, Drugs, Dentistry and DAW got the remainder of the dough. Sigh. I'll be back on top... you just watch.... However, that Record Company connection might just get me back in the black,,, Intended.

It's good seeing and feeling the good vibe in da house or in Germany Haus... In Australian it's house... But, you'd have to hear it a few times before you actually understand. What the hell is an Ouse? When they put a 'Me" in front you get "Me-Ouse" most female Aussies say "My-Ouse" they're more articulate than the blokes... As in most Countries... Except in Eliteville... Depends on what car you drive and how full ones iPod indeed is, yes! Speaking of Australia... Who except an Aussie would be 'killed' by a Giant Sting Ray?

"Mate, yer not gonna believe it but this is the Great Barrier Reef Giant Sting Ray... The biggest, most dangerous of all the Rays. He's just going about his business... Let's see what will happen if I give 'em a little nudge... Oh, I don't think he liked that at all! Giant Sting Rays hate nothing more than being disturbed when they're feeding. Wonder what it happen if I poke my finger in its butt? There. Crikey!" Some say: No Risk, No Fun. Steve, rest in peace.

I saw one of those Giant Sting Rays at The Sydney Aquarium and screamed like a little biatch and fainted. When I was revived I was told that I actually turned white for 30 several seconds.

On the Techincal side... I cleaned my HD and got 6 Gig back.
Mac Daddy
Jimdubpram you got one of dem new fangled iPods too! I have got to get out of this Bathrobe and into the 'Outside World'... But, I'm afraid because they will speak to me... In German! Plus, I'll have to wash!!! Nooooooo. I'll live via the Web.

By the way Jimdubpram and I have begun our first Musical Collaboration... We'll Post it when we're finish... Jimdubpram glad we hooked up...

Any Pianist/Keyboards out there? Remember this with each collaboration you end up with several versions of a song... Don't have a "Hissy Fit" you always have your original... Expand... Share... Grow... Eliteville awaits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.