Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asigning One Controller To Multiple Controls In Live!?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Live
pushtobreak
Anybody have any suggestions on ways to:

A) have one midi controller control more than one parameter in LIVE!?

B) have a midi control button execute multiple keystroke commands?

C) have a midi knob scroll through LIVE! clips in a session and possibly select that clip for launch by another button?

I heard someone talk about Bome as a way to do 'B' but it's a windows only app.
Can Automator be used for anything like this? It's a bit of a mystery to me and haven't usde it for anything, but it seems like the right tool. It doesn't seem to recognize LIVE though. Am I missing something?
JulienGB
Hello !

C) have a midi knob scroll through LIVE! clips in a session and possibly select that clip for launch by another button?

You can assign a controller to the # scene function in the master section and have a switch per track to launch the corresponding clip.
This way you can access any clip in your session with one knob and a few buttons.

Hope this help... no clue about A) and B) although I know B) is possible under Windows indeed.
pushtobreak
QUOTE (JulienGB @ Thu 1 Jun 2006, 13:31) *
You can assign a controller to the # scene function in the master section and have a switch per track to launch the corresponding clip.
This way you can access any clip in your session with one knob and a few buttons.

Thanks, that helps. I couldn't find the scene selection function for a bit, (it only shows up when you're in the map mode?). Also, it always advances to the next scene which, I guess, is useful.
JulienGB
Yes it only shows up in the map mode and it's placed on the extreme right, with the # of the selected scene on it. You can easily go up and down through the scenes with a Continuous Controller assigned to it.
Then you'll have to map the different "launch track clip" that appears only in the map mode too (under the stop).
A bit hidden but very useful in some situations. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.