Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why An Audio Interface In Usb Keyboard Controllers
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > Other Controllers, Interfaces, DSP Cards
ujijin
There seem to be relatively few USB/MIDI keyboard controllers with "audio interfaces"...what are the advantages of having that audio interface? If I had a USB mixer in my 'mini' studio, wouldn't it be redundant?

Just a little confused as manufacturers/resellers aren't spelling that out too much.

unsure.gif
cornutt
QUOTE (ujijin @ Mar 8 2006, 17:02)
There seem to be relatively few USB/MIDI keyboard controllers with "audio interfaces"...what are the advantages of having that audio interface?

Well, they are good for small, low-budget setups. In particular, they are good for people who mostly use software synths, but need an audio input to record the occasional guitar or vocal or whatever. They are also good for people who use software samplers and make their own samples.

I'm currently using an Edirol PCR-1 in my micro-studio setup (most of my gear is in storage while we're building a house). It's been handy, although only having a two-octave keyboard span has been more of a limitation than I thought it would be. But it fits in my computer cart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.