Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drum Editing With Ableton Live ?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Live
beauty_speed
hello everyone

I am inclined to switch to Ableton Live and use it as a sequencer and put aside Cubase SX (on grounds of recurring audio/midi setup problems.)

One question: is there an equivalent to Cubase´s Drum Editor in LIVE?

If not, is drum editing any more time-consuming than in Reason or Cubase SX ?

As a virtual studio, will I miss badly any features in Cubase SX if I switch to LIVE and use it as my sole sequencer ?

I´m running a 1.67 G4, 1.5gb ddr, I work mainly with Absynth, Reason and external audio sources such as vocals and miked guitar amp.

Thanks
fishboisfo
Hey !! I am a staunch and giddy supporter of Ableton Live, and have been using it now for just over 2 years. In all honesty, I have not used Cubase before, so I don't know about it's drum editor. I will tell you this though: I LOVE the fact that I can record anything from Reason 3 right into Live ( and I use REDRUM ) for that seemlessly as an audio file -- and then if I have timing issues, I can just click the Audio file I recorded and evoke the warp markers mode to move any timing issues I have right into place. Warp it, loop it --stretch it to any length. "cmmnd e" is how you slice up the track(s) -- and you will be able to do anything you want. Live also edits down to 1/1024 of a second -- so you should be able to get it just about right smile.gif
Hope this helps !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.