Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Automat
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
Methanol
I am using Cubase SX 3 on PowerMac G5 and I can't seem to get it to run Automat. I've noticed that Automat is an AU plugin, and have heard that Cubase doesn't support plugins as well as Logic does, but I know that I have used MicroTonicAU without any problems.

I have also tried using an earlier version that wasn't a UB (v0.3.7) and it still has not worked.

Any help would be appreciated.
mortalengines
I can't run Automat on my powerbook either (it will crash Ableton/Live). I think that the reason is the version of OSX we are running - I don't think that Automat can run on anything earlier than 10.3.9 - I am currently running on 10.3.5 & don't intend to go over anytime soon until a couple of my apps have updates to run on it (My version of PT LE only runs to 10.3.8). Until then there is a ton of other freeware synths (AU & VST) for the mac- here's a link:

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/software...audio/Plug-ins/
formatj
Automat requires Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. It only works in a host that supports Audio Units. Cubase SX 3 does not support Audio Units.
Micro Tonic is available as a VST plug-in as well as an Audio Unit. Are you sure that you weren't using the VST version?
Methanol
I could bet my balls on it. I even temporarily deleted the VST version and ran the AU and it worked without a glitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.