Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Can't I Find These Sounds?
440 Forums > English > Synthesizers > Sound Banks, Samples, Programming
Mr. Jason E. Lectric
i'm fairly new to the computer music scene. i currently use reason and ableton live 5 on a simple iBook G4 1.07 GHz, and i love what i'm learning and how much my options have opened up musically. but no matter how hard i've tried, i haven't been able to find some sounds i've been a long-time fan of. i had a roland xp60 in the 90s with the techno and sound fx expansion cards. i LOVED the sounds those cards had. the way the sounds had been sampled and tweaked. but i can't find any sample sets with these same sounds. could somebody maybe point me in the right direction. i'm a fan of the types of sounds used by old-time ministry, early nine inch nails, depeche mode, skinny puppy, etc... something about a lot of those old-type samples from the 80s and early 90s are just so much fun.
S.F.Selecta
I dont know if this will help that much but on the propellerheads web site uner free refills they have stuff like virus c sounds and i think the roland juno 60 for use in the NT-X or whatever that sampler is. and there are some loops to use in the rex player to.
Mr. Jason E. Lectric
thanks for the suggestion, but yes, i HAVE those sounds. there are a lot of great newer sounds and great sample sets, but i'm kind of looking for the sounds of those 90s era sample-based keyboards that were just so awesome.
lepetitmartien
Why don't you buy one second hand? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.