Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason 3 On An Imac G5
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
alias2005
Hi there everyone!

Just bought a new iMac 2,1 GHz with 1,5 gig RAM. I bought reason 3 at the same moment and installed it today on my computer, and as well the 3.04 update. I will receive my soundcard next week, but I decided to have a look at the program before that. So I play the demo song that opens automatically in the beginning and what do I recognize... the cpu meter is running at probably 50 % and the program is reacting quite slow.
Does this happen because I use at the moment the integrated sound card that comes with the mac? I have checked out reason at my friends house and the program runs smoothly and with minimal cpu usage (AMD processor).
Do anyone have an answer to this question?
edge100
QUOTE (alias2005 @ Dec 1 2005, 14:18)
Hi there everyone!

Just bought a new iMac 2,1 GHz with 1,5 gig RAM. I bought reason 3 at the same moment and installed it today on my computer, and as well the 3.04 update. I will receive my soundcard next week, but I decided to have a look at the program before that. So I play the demo song that opens automatically in the beginning and what do I recognize... the cpu meter is running at probably 50 % and the program is reacting quite slow.
Does this happen because I use at the moment the integrated sound card that comes with the mac? I have checked out reason at my friends house and the program runs smoothly and with minimal cpu usage (AMD processor).
Do anyone have an answer to this question?

Make sure you have your processor performance set to "Highest" in the Energy Saver System Preferences.

It makes a HUGE difference! I'll wager this is the problem. Your G5 iMac should have no problem with the Reason 3.0 demo song.
ARCVILE
Make sure you have your processor performance set to "Highest" in the Energy Saver System Preferences.

It makes a HUGE difference! I'll wager this is the problem. Your G5 iMac should have no problem with the Reason 3.0 demo song.

Edge is right, after setting it that way it will work out great. I have a imac G5 too and have no problem with Reason 3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.