Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maudio Mobilepre Usb + Garageband
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > GarageBand, Soundtrack
fabreu
I'm a singing teacher and used to record cds for my pupils' vocal exercises with an external cd recorder PHilips CDR 570 which was great but now it's broke and Philips has discontinued their production.java script:emoticon(':sad:')

I own now an e-MAC G4 1.42Hz that has a Garageband software but I realized I couldn't just plug in my mic (SHure BETA SM58) and record with Garageband, for there would be no gain.java script:emoticon(':o') So I think I need a preamp and I've been told the MAudio MobilePre USB is good for these simple recordings.

I live in Brazil and the MobilePRE here costs around US$ 320, so I'd like to be sure about this before I buy it.
Could someone help me?
Tx,
Felipe
Gojinx
If you don't need 24 bit recording and stellar quality, then you can use an inexpensive small mixer (Behringer or something similar) as a preamp for your 58Beta,(how did you get your signal into the Philips?) then using an adapter cable from your mixer output to a mini stereo plug, you can plug directly into your eMac without the need for another analogue to digital converter (MAudio).
Psychoprick
It is as Gojinx says,

But I can add that I bought the Mobile pre and it is working fine when you dont switch to much between audio drivers (core audio and the Mobelie pre drivers). It was defenitly worth my money.
editbrain
Shure SM58 does not take fantom power.
i would get something cheap like a m-audio 1 channel usb device if that is all you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.