Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason Working With Cubase Le
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
wheelchair
Is there a way to control Reason to record directly onto Cubase without needing to import the saved audio file?
mortalengines
You should be able to use ReWire - I THINK that Cubase is ReWire compatible.
wheelchair
Is ReWire built into either Cubase or Reason. Or do i need to purchase it some place?
ArolaMorre
ReWire is built in to Reason and IF it is built in to Cubase LE (sorry, I'm not sure if it is) you will be able to launch Cubase FIRST and open a song THEN launch Reason.

This will set up a ReWire session where Cubase is the Master and Reason is the Slave. Any global changes eg: tempo you make in the Master will be made in the Slave also.

Again: You need to ensure that Cubase is Rewire compatible for this to work...

Go to www.propellerheads.se for more general Rewire info.

AM
wheelchair
Ok I do have Rewire in Cubase and it controls Reason (start/stop) biggrin.gif But I don't get any sound readings from Reason to Cubase. So I can't record directly to Cubase from Reason blink.gif I here Reason fine.
mortalengines
I don't have Cubase, but if you arm the track of your choice with an incoming channel from reason- that should work- Keep plugging away at it- also check one of Cubase's forums - they might be more helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.