Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hdd Issues In Reason (amongst Other Apps?)
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
prosthetix
in my powerbook, my hdd is making a clicky noise (very faint) once in a while.. did a disk utility check repaired the disk (nothing came up as a fault) did a hardware test too... Should I be worried? like a pop/click... ahh hard to explain, it doesn't SOUND serious as such... is there any way to do a good check to see if any bad sectors on the hard disk or anything like that? (would i need to make a partition of my current macintosh HD (its an 80gb at the moment)

in reason 3.0.3, sometimes during playing the track in the sequencer, it'd stop for half a second with no sound, and continue on, maybe less than half a second

running 10.4.2 w/ 768mb ram... any help would be appreciated, cos if this will happen live, i'll be in strife huh.gif
Morbass2004
In regards to clicking noises, 1st I noticed that you're running Reason's 3.03, the lastest is 3.04, you might want to upgrade asap. Second, Reason 3.0 is a CPU hog!! so make sure that you are not overdriving your cpu. Check the bottom left hand corner of the control window for CPU usage!! (while the song is playing). If it is that, the only (easy) way around that it to export your song as a wave file, and play it that way. There are a few other ways to get the cpu usage down in Reasons if that is your problem. Its quite a few different steps to mention here but you can get the info online or e-mail me and I'll walk you thru it.Now ifs its your HD. 1st and fore most back up your hard drive. The rule of hard drives is "don't think that it will never happen to you,(crash) at some point in your digital and computer life it will!!" So be safe than later on sorry, take it from someone who's been there and done that!!
I hope this helps...
Gene
prosthetix
i plan to upgrade the ram to 1.5gb total before my gig, and i may remove sophos antivirus (i know macs dont get virus, but i used office 2004, and unfortunately its work policy for all machines to have an antivirus, even macs.....

i've thought of backing up my progress definately! actually, i will
Morbass2004
I'm not sure if removing your anti- virus software is a good move, One option is just to shut it off, usually you will have those options. That might be the easiest way in terms of having protection and not having it bother your other programs.When you go back to surfing the web turn it back on. Did you see about the cpu drain? You didn't mention it in your reply. Having your Powerbook maxed out with ram is always the way to go. Not knowing where your from but "Other World Computing" has great deals on ram for every mac under the sun. http://eshop.macsales.com/
Peace
Gene
Dreadman718
I definitely think once you kick up your memory it will go away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.