Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monitors And Headphones
440 Forums > English > Audio > Monitoring
Merlind
Hi!

I'm working on trying to master a music i made. And because i work at night and i don't want to wake my neighbor up, i'm using my headphone (sennheiser HD 650). The day after when i listen to the song with my monitors (M-Audio LX4), it's totaly different (bad).
WHICH ONE SHOULD I TRUST? Monotors or headphones?

Thanks.

Merlin.
Psychoprick
Hi,

Even though it can be a bit akward working with the differences in sound. I find it in the end actually cuite helpfull.

I ussuallly work with my headphones on (just not to annoy the neighbourgs, and the wife, to much) wink.gif. Also it gives me a good idea in panning.

But after that I try to listen to it on various stereo systems. It Makes get a more clear idea how it really sounds and how it will sound on a "consumers" system.
Most of the time you have to make adjustments.

In the end....it has to sound good on both, or even the crappiest radio you can find, in my opinion.
dedart
Monitors.
Headphones give a very "coloured" usually bass-heavy response.
lepetitmartien
Also they tire the ears very fast, and are totally inaccurate for good stereo imaging (no spill between the headphones, you end up making mistakes). You should put away the headphone at least 20 minutes per hour too to keep your ears till you're old and dotty.

Psychoprick is right on on the spot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.