Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mac + Reason + Gi-20
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
deejeecian
Hi!

I have a PowerBook G4 12.1" and a BOSS GI-20 Midi Guitar Interface. I am contemplating buying Reason 3.0 but am not quite sure whether I'll be able to use Reason as a guitar synth (instead of a hardware synth module).

Noel
edge100
QUOTE (deejeecian @ Jul 13 2005, 04:32)
Hi!

I have a PowerBook G4 12.1" and a BOSS GI-20 Midi Guitar Interface. I am contemplating buying Reason 3.0 but am not quite sure whether I'll be able to use Reason as a guitar synth (instead of a hardware synth module).

Noel

Sorry for the (very) late reply...

Reason 3.0 will accept the MIDI in from your guitar-to-MIDI interface. In that sense, yes, you can use Reason as a guitar synth.

What I mean by that is that you'll be able to play Reason's instruments via your guitar. Reason will NOT accept the audio in from your guitar, so you cant use Reason's effects to process guitar audio. But as I said, you can certainly use your guitar to control Reason's instruments. Actually, you'll likely get some interesting results if you start playing a synth pad or electri piano or something like that with your guitar. Could get very cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.