Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playback Stops When Cubase Not Active Window
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
Pat Hargan
When I'm using Cubase SX on my Powerbook, the audio playback cuts out when I click on another application window. How can I stop this happening? It doesn't happen with Plogue Bidule, for example. I have already checked the 'release ASIO in background' box in Preferences. Surely Cubase SX does not have to be the active window in order for audio to be monitored?
flamencopilot
How about your audio driver? Is it able to accommodate more than one app. at a time?
also, is your playback from an audio or a midi track?
Pat Hargan
I think the audio driver is OK. I'm using a Tascam FW-1884 and I have no problem with simultaneous playback from e.g. DVD, iTunes, Plogue Bidule... The problem is the same for audio and MIDI tracks - the playback just stops when I click on another application window.
birdfeeder
Do you have it checked or unchecked. "release ASIO in background" should be unchecked for the audio to continue while Cubase is not the active window.
citypigeon
i don't use cubase

thats all i have to say on the matter

not really, i dont use it but my friend says there is an option in one of the arrange page menus (probably transport or something similar) called "play in background" or something like that.......

i take no responcibility for this ninformation

cp
vincem
Thank you birdfeeder!!! I have been trying to figure that out for the last 2 months since i upgraded to SX......!!! SX's manually is great at explaining things like that!! NOT
Pat Hargan
Yeah, thanks Birdfeeder, that solved it all right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.