Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using Multiple Controllers Simultaneously
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
gleit
I'm trying to connect several midi controllers to reason 2.5, the idea being to do a live act with electronic drums, a midi bass and a keyboard (driving redrum and two synths). But it appears the sequencer can only record one midi controlled instrument at a time.
I think I can maybe hook the three controllers up, but I'm pretty positive reason won't be able to record them all at once (and I wanna be able to record all jams).
Does anybody out there have any experience doing something similar? Like, for example, having three keyboard controllers driving 3 different instruments at the same time?
Anybody know any software packages that can do this?
- jason
chagos
i think, if i remember correctly, that Reason only supports one channel of midi at a time. This could be a damper on your ideas.
PayDaMone
I know garageband supports more than 1 channel recording at any time. (i ust dont remember the limit)
Metro SE
Metro, Metro LX and Metro SE version 6.3.x will do that. I am not sure if you will be able to drive reason slaved to rewire with multiple controllers but it will definitely work using internal soft synths (AU or VST).
ArolaMorre
Upgrade to Reaon 3 (about £70)

Then you can use as many controllers as you like! (then you can let me know how to do it!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.