Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Join 2 Macs as one on a job
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Mac and Peripherals > Internet and Networks
Nels
Mmmm, ..anybody know if it's somehow possible to run both an Alum. Powerbook G4 and a G5 Tower (HOOKED-UP TOGETHER), so that they work as one? ...And if so, can a 20" Display(w/G5) and the Powerbook's 15" Display be utilized to work togther as well?

For any DAW, that would be one powerful set-up. Especially with upgraded Ram in both.

Just pipe dreamin.......

Thanks!
Just.sounds
there is a program of wich i don't know the name that lets you make a lan connection and do the things you want to do so it is possible but! but you have to look further for names and sites ets
if i recall it correctly it even has a shared clipboard
Nels
Thanks Just.sounds,

..I'll try again to search and get back here if I find anything more on the subject. ...Sure would be great!

Cheers! rolleyes.gif
lepetitmartien
Nels, you're talking either of the Node system for Apple Logic users, or XGrid from Apple too, but which needs special apps to be used with (it's a clustering app, so serious stuff behind). So unfortunately, it won't work for us.
Nels
lepetitmartien,

Of course, you're right about the Thread/Topic. .....I do apologize. sad.gif

Thanks for the input. Suspected that if there was a way, it would be complicated and/or expensive. ......A pipe dream after all.

Good job!
jescoolman
Distributing the processors may require some pretty hefty work, but there's a free program out there called Jack that allows you to send audio over the internet. This program can also route audio between programs on a single computer, sort of like rewire for non-compatible programs. This might be the kind of application you're looking for. I believe similar software exists for sending midi clock information over a LAN so that two computers could be in sync. This might also be useful to you.
Nels
jescoolman,

I'll look into it ..and if it's seemingly doable, with minimal complication and/or expensive, I'll come back to tell all.

Thanks
arvidtp
yeah - netjack in Jack will send audio over a network so you can use one machine as an outboard processor for the other or whatever. I've always wanted to try that being the jack fan that I am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.