Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arghhh, Whats This Noise!?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
angryman
Hi Everyone.

For the last couple of days when I have been using Reason, the audio has been cutting out after 20mins of use and I get a really loud, speaker shaking distortion/fuzzing noise! There is no way to mute the noise and I have to restart (no error message or anything!)

Does anyone know what this is??? I purchased the software a few months ago and it is registered with Propellor Head website. No rewire applications are running, just Reason.

I have re-installed by deleting the Reason application icon in the Reason folder and then installing the program disk but the problem is still happening!

Does anyone know what is going on???

Thanks in advance!
angryman
I have been speaking to Propeller Head and they tell me it is my sound card... I don't have a soundcard except the internal one on my PowerBook.

The guy from Propellerhead hasn't emailed me back sinse I told him this... Has anyone else got any ideas? Could it be my Mac? Anyone?
zooot
could it be "I don't have a soundcard except the internal one on my PowerBook"?
angryman
Hi Zooot... I have only had my PB for 2-3 months (I had an iMac before) Do you think it might be the powerbook then???
zooot
i think you want another sound card or an I O .i'm no expert but i use motu 896 and d p 4
angryman
hey, thanks man... I am planning to buy an Mbox as soon as I can as I have met many people using pro tools who really rate it... this is surely a step in the right direction even without the distortion problem.

I think I may have fixed the noise problem... I think the problem is something to do with Rewiring with GB2. Last night I forced GB2 to quit before Reason (normally you must close the slave first, then the master, GB2 in this case) and the noise stopped straight away.

**When using Reason on its own I still had the same problem with the strange noise but by chance last night I Rewired to GB2 and the problem happened again until I shut GB!**

I havn't tried it again today cause Im at work but will try it when I get home and post the results in case anyone else has had the same problem!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.