Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really Need Help With Cubase
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
coolguy4747
I just got a Presonus Firepod w/ Cubase LE and I'm having several problems.

1) When I click the record enable button on a track, it doesn't stay on if I press the enable record button on a different track, does this mean it isn't on?

2) When I record something, I cannot hear it through the computer when I play it back, only through the firepod, is there a way I can change this?

3) Sometimes the sync light on the firepod turns red and the computer doesn't read it, how can I fix this?

//edit//
Now I fooled around with the audio/midi settings and now Cubase won't even recognize my firepod! ahh!!!!!

btw, in case it matters I'm on a 1.6ghz G5 with 512 RAM and OS 10.3.8

Any form of help at all would really be appreciated.

Thanks
coolguy4747
Well I got it so that two tracks record at once, but not more than that. I also got it so that it recognizes the Firepod. However, I still have the problem of only being able to record 2 tracks, as well as the only being able to hear it through the firepod.

Anyone have any suggestions?
swilder
go to "VST Inputs" and make sure all 8 inputs are highlighted. Usually, cubase only activates the first stereo pair by default.

Scott
coolguy4747
I tried doing this, and it did allow Cubase to read signals from more tracks, it still would not let me record enable all of the tracks. Is there some other setting I have to adjust?
stevenew
Hi,

2 ways to record enable tracks:

1) If 'Enable record on selected track' is checked in preferences,
either to select consecutive tracks i.e. to select tracks 1,2,3,4:
select track 1 (the record button goes red) then shift/click track 4, all 4 tracks are record enabled, to select non consecutive tracks i.e. tracks 1,2, and 4:
select track 1 (the record button goes red) then apple key/click track 4, 1,2,4 are now record enabled.

however if you then click one of these tracks it will disable.

2) If you un-check 'Enable record on selected track' in preferences
you then just click the record button on each track you want to record on but you will also have to un-check them.

Different methods for different ways of working, if you do lots of multiple source recording (a miked up drum kit for example) then method 2 is best. If you just do one track at a time then method 1 is best.

If you want to use the computers built-in audio then you have to select it in devices/device setup/vst audiobay but why do you want to do this? Im sure the sound from your Presonus Firepod is much better! You can only use one audio device at a time unless you have audio devices that chain together (MOTU firewire devices for example).

I can't help with the sync light as I never used the Presonus Firepod.

If cubase still can't see the firepod go to devices/device setup/vst audiobay again and check its selected.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.