Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audio Quantize?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Digital Performer, AudioDesk
endriuz
Can anyone explain me how to apply quantization to audio tracks such drums tracks in Digital Performer 4.5?

I can quantize only the "position" in time of the soundbite, but I can't quantize the peaks in the track. I've tried selecting -Bites within Soundbites- too but with no results...

Thank you!
mkl2000
up
blazingrythm
I'd like to know how to do that too so if you find out please email me.
In the meantime...
What I do is trim the beginning of the soundbite(s) to make sure it's right at the beginning of the note and quantize it.
Another way is to use Strip Silence, then make sure the beginning of the soundbites are trimmed properly and quantize it, then while all the soundbites are still selected I drag the end of one soundbite to lengthen it as much as possible and they all become lengthened.
After doing this I usually have to add fades to the end of the soundbite to avoid clicks for improperly trimmed endings.
Either that or go in and individually trim each one separately.
macmidiguy
Here are a couple of dedicated www site for DP questions:

www.unicornation.com

www.osxaudio.com/forums/index.php
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.