Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creating Samples For Reason
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
feckineejit
Hi All,
Recently started to use Reason 2.5, great package, just one thing, i'm trying to create samples myself to use in NN-XT and Rex i.e. taking voice samples from a mic or snippets from a CD I have Audio Hi-jack pro which works fine for recording to .aiff file. I can't use these in Reason cos thy're not compatible obviously. What can I do create/edit my recordings to use then in reason's samplers? Which package do i need to get?
Cheers,
Dirk
td3k
You can use AIFF files in the NN-XT sampler module within reason, you will need to do this from the sample editor section of the NN-XT. If you are not familiar with the standard conventions of samplers, ie. key-mapping, layers ect. I suggest you read the chapter relating to the NN-XT in the Reason Operations Manual.

To create your own REX files you will need the ReCycle program.

You may also wish to use a program like Peak or another audio editor to edit your AIFF files from Audio Hijack or other sources.

Hope that helps,
feckineejit
Cheers for that, this will help i'm sure!
endless_nights03
Also, if you have a MIDI keyboard, you can play segmeents of that sample as if they were individual notes, way better than using the Matrix Patern Sequencer in Reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.