Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evolution Uc-33e & Reason 2.5
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > M-Audio
angryman
look at this and this

Does any one have any experience using the Evolution UC-33e with any of the following?

Reason 2.5
GarageBand 2
Live

I am mainly interested in knowing if the UC-33e is a good control surface to use with Reason 2.5 (particularly for controlling the Mixer).

If so, how good is it? Any problems? And do you have to have a degree in midi programming to get the most out of it?

If you have used this with any of the above I would be very interested to know what you thought as the blurb on the evolution website paints a nice picture here but to get the true low down I thought it would be best to ask you guys!

Any oppinions you have are most welcome!
ghess
I've used the UC-33 with both Live and Reason. It works pretty well. It's easy to program and to switch between programs. The one problem I've had is that when switching programs, the sliders and knobs don't synch to the settings on the screen, so some settings jump when you touch a control. In retropsect, I'd prefer a device with continuous knobs and motorized sliders, like the Behringer B-control devices.
angryman
thanks mate... I have heard that you can "mute" the output signal so that you can change the controls before you un-mute the signal, this way don't get the controls jumping...

Has anyone used this feature and is it easily accessable all of the time?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.