Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 02R96+mLAN card
440 Forums > French > Audio > Consoles
woodenfunk
FYI-
I just got a Yamaha 01V96 with the MLAN firewire card. It is hands down the best recording set-up I have ever experienced.
mattlogic
Very interested in this as I have just suggested it for two installations but I have been judging it purely on spec rather than experience. What are you using with it? Pro Tools?

Matthew Dilley
fredyonnet
Hi everyone,

I bought a MY16-mlan firewire when I got my first Mac a little over a year.
After quite a few conversations with Yamaha's help desk, they told me they had initiated a recall program for all mlans and sent me to this site:

http://mlanloyalty.com/

Yamaha told me that I would get a "refund" or something like that... They were still working on the solution.
After filling the blanks and submitting my information a few times over a few weeks, I never heard back from Yamaha.
Fortunately, I have a great relationship with my retailer who let me return it.

I was (and still am) really frustrated by the situation. One of the main
reasons for my purchase of the v96 was the MY16-mlan and the option of connecting it
directly to the G5.

Today I'm shopping around and consider getting a Motu traveler (safe and
stable) the MY16-AT (Adat) or the MY16-mlan Firewire. I hate that it didn't work the first time and I'd love to see the V96 working as a remote/mixer.

Does anyone know if the latest MY16-mlan is compatible with OS-X, any advice
would be greatly appreciated

Fred
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.