Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Sound From Logic 7
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Logic Express & Logic Pro
billrc
Just put Logic 7 on my new computer and can't get any sound out of it. I hear Garage band. I know it's something really simple but I can't find what it is. Any suggestions? My midi keyboard is making the connection. I see that it is inputting. Can't hear anything from my motu 828 either.

Thanks for any help,
Bill
K-note
Have similar problem & the "Getting Started with Logic" manual is of no help. Am running on an Emac with 10.3.7 and a Midiman 1X1 which works just fine with other programs. Do hope someone out there can assist.
Do let me know if you solve the problem. Thanks.
lepetitmartien
first are you set up in system preferences/audio and in Apps/utilities/audio MIDI set up safe and sound?

Now, go in Logic to the Audio menu, then to Audio Driver and activate the 828 there. (that's in Logic 6, but it should be the same in 7) cool.gif
billrc
I finally got it to work. I was trying to use the external synths instead of the midi tracks. I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm just going by instinct. I have to read the manuel again with the program in front of me. What helped me was I picked a reverb and the sound came through. Let me know how it's going. Bill
billrc
Figured it out. On page 73 of the MOTU 828mkii guide it says: Before you run your host audio software, launch the MOT FW Audio Console. So now I turn on my midi keyboard my motu 828 and a I launch the motu software BEFORE I open Logic. If you have the audio/ midi preferences set up (available either in utilities or from the system preferences/sound menu or the MOTU FireWire Console) you should be able to hear your output. Let me know if this works for you. Good Luck, Bill
K-note
Thanks for that. Since I'm not using anything but "core audio" right now it dosn't help me. However, since my GarageBand works fine and you can roll over files to Logic I can hear my KB MIDI input that way. There remains the question of why I can't with the Logic Tutorial Song. The Es1-4 voice remains greyed out and contrary to the manual - "Simply selecting the track will arm it for recording"- there is no setting that I can find that makes it possible to listen to MIDI input. Oddly enough, if you go to the Matrix Editor there is no sound from the screen KB but if you manually drag the notes with the mouse you can hear them. Also MIDI input does not register. Also in "Environment" MIDI input shows in window but not in transport and clicking on switch does nothing but advance the total number of MIDI events. Anyway, I have a hell of a lot to learn and thank you and anyone else who can shed some light on what seems to be
"illogical Logic problems".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.