Hi all -

Ok, I'm writing now because I'm finally getting around to needing to understand what I need to do what I want/need to do...

Basically, my setup is this - a G3 400 (blue/white) running OS9 networked to a G5 2x2 running the latest.

I have a Casio CTK-601 and a few electric guitars, as well as drums. The drums are the least of my concern right now. (That said, I'm not much of a musician anyway..)

I also have the FM7 for OS9, and GarageBand.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

Primarily, I'd like to be able to score music, both through writing directly to a staff (staves?) and also through entering short passages through the keyboard. I'm trying out the demo to Easy Beat right now and it's pretty good, but entering slurs/bends/pedal/etc. is a bit too cumbersome. What I'd -love- is for playback to sound really good.

BTW I plan to get a MIDI > USB adapter for the Casio. Not sure how to get the guitar right in there yet.

Secondly, and, I guess, just as importantly, I'd like to be able to take that score and both create usable tracks/songs (i.e. that I can bring into software to either burn to CD for listening or bring into video editing software for background music) but I'd also like to be able to use it to drive the FM7, and somehow record the sound internally (direct to the hard drive) but I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

Also, as I don't have any guitar effects except distortion and delay, I'm wondering what software/hardware might be good for this, provided I can record direct-to-hard drive.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated!

thx
Andrew