Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using Reason With Pro-tools
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
misturada
I have Pro-Tools M-box, and Reason Adapted, the bundled software that came with the M-box. I want to put the music I've created in Reason into Pro-tools, so I can mix it further and add some live elements/instruments.

Is it possible to transfer/import reason sound files into Pro-tools? I've been told it might by possible, but have no idea how.

Grateful for any suggestions or info.
dangt
You can bounce reason songs or loops as "sound designer" file type. and then import these audio files as tracks into Protools.
If you have multiple reason channels running on the reason mixer. make sure you solo or mute the tracks that you are bouncing in reason. this lets you seperate the channels to: Redrum, Synth, Sampler. So it better for mixing and tweaking.
Also (In reason) try, assiging differnt drum channels (In Redrum) to the reason mixer (using rear interface) So you can mix the drums (kick snare, hats, cymbals, whatever..) before bouncing.
chappy
solo the pre recorded Reason tracks and assign them to a PT track.
You can record and further manipulate them as audio.
It takes awhile. If you're lazy, enable a stereo PT track and assign the outputs of the Reason mixer.

When you're through recording, disable Reason and all of your tracks will appear in PT.
best,
chap
ourmanflinty
if you got reason adapted you MUST be already going into pro tools on a stereo pair through rewire...there is no other way with reason adapted, it onnnnly has rrrrewire outpppputs so you're half way there, all you need to do is to check out the reason mixer at the top of the window and use more rewire outputs in reason and rewire inputs in pro tools to give you lots of individual tracks then press record in PT or simply record the audio into pro tools and leave the reason stuff where it is...?
nepRock
I have the same problem as misturada. I tried the following
1) created a new Audio Track in Pro Tools
2) Added a Reason Adapted plugin
3) Chose Mix L (one of the stereo choice) from the Rewire Reason Adapted Window
4) In Reason Adapted, I played a drum beat using Redrum
5) I can see that pro tools can read the input from Reason because the mixer signal for the audio track is in synch with the drum beats.
6) However, when I press the record button, the mixer window does not show the signal coming in.
7) When i try to record in Pro Tools, I get a flat signal for the audio track.

Since Mix L corresponds to one of the master outputs from Reason, I should at least get a signal. So I am assuming that I have the wrong interface input in the Pro Tools Audio Track. I tried using In1/In2/S/PDIF, etc. The "plug-in" option is disabled.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thnks.
chappy
try assigning the output of the Reason channel to 'bus 1/2"
Assign the input of a stereo audio track to bus 1/2.
Enable record (or monitor to check ). You should get audio
which you will see a slight lag. Midi clock is very unstable.
Whenever possible, use a real click and check your audio after is't recorded.

cheers,
chap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.