Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Routing Minimoog To Reason
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
rylin11
I am fairly new Reason 2.0 user and have had a lot of fun with it but would like to branch out and use other standalone synths with it. I have the Arturia Minimoog V standalone, for example. How do I patch it to allow me to play and record it within Reason?

Thanks for the help.
erikmad
To my knpwledge u can't use standalone soft synths in Reason. U pretty much only get what comes with Reason to use. Its a hella limited program. You should look into gettin Logic Pro tools or Cubase or some other DAW that you can use the softsynth Moog in and Reason along with other native or third party synths and plugins. I would recommend Logic but to get Logic, Reason and the Minimoog workin cool together ull need a G5 (or somethin close) and nice audio interface. Hope this helps.
Merlind
Hi!

Forget it! Reason doesn't work with vst or anything else. It's a nice software, but really not friendly others.
The only way is to use reaon via rewire in an another music application like logic, protools, or (i recomend) digital performer, and then use the minimoog as a pluggin (vst ,audio unit, Mas… depending on your system).
Hope it helped.

Have fun.

merlind
SupaSandeep
yup reason only does audio outs, not audio ins..... maybe in a later version, also u can get a free upgrade to reason 2.5 (you sed u used 2.0) on the reason website
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.