Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recording Music On Ipod?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > iMusic: iPod, iTunes, MP3 etc.
AndyBosik
Hi! I recently bought on of the recording gadgets for the ipod,
but the sound quality sucked big-time! Is there any kind of pro quality recording
interface for ipod yet?
How about multiutrack recording on ipod?(I know that probably asking for the moon!)
Thanx!
lepetitmartien
It seems Apple at the moment is more interested into making the iPod the nec plus ultra for MP3 and stoopid holiday pics, and éventually ONE exclusive tune from a known band, than to explore a pro or half pro track to make the product evolve. unsure.gif

I'm sure the Band version will sell loads more than a multitrack ipod… Or a single stereo recording ipod. Also, i'm not sure it can be done with the actual hardware which is tiny…

who knows, maybe they have the pro version to go along Logic in the cardbox waiting for another step in the evolution of the product life (remember it's still all marketing wink.gif

Maybe one day… perhaps… rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
CanadaRAM
Although you can get an iTalk interface for recording, Apple have limited the recording ability of the iPod to mono at a low sample rate - suitable for speech recording only. There is no workaround.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.