Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live 4 With Hardware
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Live
Ziggomatic
hi everyone. I try to compose in live 4 with a jp-8000 and it's not working. I read Live 4 manual and try everything but i can't. any suggestions?

thanx

P.S. oh btw i have a Firewire 410 for sound card

thanx again smile.gif
Arnolfo
You'll have to be more specific if you want people to help you out.
If I may suggest you something, start by describing your recording procedure. wink.gif
azusa
Normally, Live does a good job looking for your MIDI controllers.
Have you check Option > preferences > MIDI ?
You should be able to see what controllers are available.

If you don't see anything, I suspect the 410 driver is the problem.
Ziggomatic
QUOTE (azusa @ Oct 24 2004, 05:20)
If you don't see anything, I suspect the 410 driver is the problem.

thanx for the advice but i don't suspect the sound card to be the problem cause i used the midi ports b4 and everything was fine...

i continue my ressearch... wink.gif
formatj
Ziggomatic, as arnolfo has suggested you will have to be more specific in describing your problem.

Does the Firewire 410 appear in your preferences for MIDI.
What software synths are you using.
Are you trying to record just the MIDI for the JP8000 or the Audio signal from it too?
How are your monitoring the audio outputs of the JP8000 etc...?

What exactly is not working?
Ziggomatic
ok, let me try to be more specific. i setup the midi to the sound card and i can hear the audio signal trough the sound card but live don't recognize any signal (audio or midi). but i don't understand cause he other i plugged a Yamaha rmx into the midi ports of the sound card and it worked so i'm confuse. maybe it's Live i dunno.

more suggestions?

thanx guys smile.gif
jonisios
no problems with live 4 and digi002R
Ziggomatic
i fixed the problem for the midi signal but not for the audio. i hear the output rom the sound card but live don't see the signal.

what's wrong? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.