Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cubase "cutting Out"
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Software on MacOS 9
divebomb
I have been having an problem with VST version 4.0 and it's got to the point where its virtually unusable.
The sound is intermittently cutting out because in the CPU is overloading - according to the "performance" window.
I have tonnes of ram allocated to cubase & there is plenty to spare on my machine.
Has anyone come across this problem?
PS I'm using an Audiophile USB sound interface - could that be causing it?
lepetitmartien
How much RAM have you and how much have you given to Cubase?
System version?
Type of project?
Also, how have you set up your buffer(s), the smaller they are, the more you drive the CPU hard…
deegone
i had the same problem on qbase 5 even though i set up the buffers and memory allocation to safe numbers (i also increased the memory allocation for the I/O driver)but it kept doing it.the final solution was to reinstall the software.defrag your HD from time to time is a goog idea to.
divebomb
I have 768MB - on a G4 powerbook running OS 9.2. I've allocated 30 (minimum) to 200 (preferred) to Cubase.

The projects I'm working on vary but I'd regularly record 20-30 tracks in audio with cubase effects on most. Never knew what the buffer sizes should be...
deegone
for the amount of tracks and plugs you're using,is probably better to go up to 400/500 ,OS9 should be ok with 300.as for the buffer,you should try to put numbers up (audio options/system)and try 'till the crackle dissapears.but how about you HD speed?30 tracks of audio is quite a lot for a slow HD.give it a go and good luck
divebomb
No idea what my hard drive speed is but I'm told it might be 720?? The processor is 1000MHz. I'll try what youve suggested.
divebomb
That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.