Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Omf To Pts
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
andybay
Hi everyone,

I know this may sound a bit strange, but here goes. Im doing a music technology subject at university. At uni, we are using pro tools, but at home I am using sonar. We've had an assignment to do at uni, so i decided to do it at home using sonar, export it as an OMF file, and open it at uni with pro tools.

Here's where the problem lies. They dont have digitranslator at uni. Now I'm in a bit of a jam. I was hoping that someone who has either pro tools with digitranslator, or OMFtool could convert this file for me. Its hasnt got the audio with it, so i hope it will work. If anyone could help it would be great.

The file is Here

If anyone can help me, could you please send it to [use the email link in the members profile, by putting your mail in full you're making the job for the spammers. we don't give the email out of MM, don't do it yourself, BTW, one thread only is enough! please LPM smile.gif ]

thanks
EHartman
I translated it for you but the problem is is that there is no audio...just place markers for regions......... I do not think you embedded your audio when you made it an OMF file ....you might be able to try to place all your audio files from your SONAR session in the audio files folder.... I would assume as long as they are the exact same names then pro tools would reference those regions.....good Luck.......

Eric
andybay
Yeah the audio is referenced externally, so that the OMF isnt like 250mb. Ill just add the files in the audio folder later. Unfortunantly Erics email never cmae through, so if anyone else could have a go it would be greatly appreciated.
arvidtp
You know, Digi used to give out the OMF-to-PT translator free in OS 9.

Go download a copy of the free OS 9 translator, "OMF Tools" I think it was. Should still be on their website, unless they took it down recently.

Then run it in classic. You will get a Pro Tools 5 session out of your OMF, but Pro TOols 6 should be able to import that just fine. Worth a try I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.