Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Record External Drum Machine Into Cubase?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
gogh
i have a midiman oxygen8, which acts as a midi interface (my only midi interface), and three external hardwares
a synth, a sampler, and a korg es-1 rhythm drum machine thing
so i can record midi information from the sampler and the synth easily enough, and hear it played back, but i can get none of the pattern information from the drum machine into cubase...
ive read stuff about slaves and masters and clocks and maps and its all blurred together in my head...
is my midi interface lacking somehow? is there something i need to do inside cubase?
can someone please walk me through the process of hooking it up and recording midi from it?
thanks
bjkiwi
you may have to actually 'tell' the korg es-1 to output midi note data. I have an Alesis SR-16 and I know I have to go into the menu and turn 'note out' on or it won't output midi note data. This is handy if you want other hardware pieces to recieve the midi-sync from the SR-16 but not the actual note data.

I don't know the korg es-1 but thought this might help. So, first make sure the machine is actually outputting note data before looking elsewhere to solve the problem

good luck, bjkiwi
gogh
thanks- ill read back through the es1 manual and see if i can find anything about note-on
many thanks, bjkiwi-
-gogh
gfclef
Thanks BJKIWI,
I have an Alesis SR-16 and I an having the worst time trying to record to the Cubase Studio Case (SE). I'll try what you said.
gogh
i think my problem is with the oxygen8 as an interface... its supposed to play out and play back, and i bet a drum machine needs to act like a keyboard, which it cant do with my current setup/interface...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.