Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has Anyone Used Bv512 Vocoder In Reason?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
smokinshaman
I have been interested in playing around with the BV512 Vocoder in Reason 2.5 but can find little info in the manual as to how to use it.

Please help

Thanks in advance,

KC
kristallin
I'm using it as part of my master signal path, switched to a 512 band EQ, which makes it really flexible. Signal path as follows:

mixer -> BV512 (as EQ) -> Scream 2 (Tape Compress preset for some analog warmth) -> hardware interface
Xkaptnk
yeah i havent figured out how to use reasons vocoder either...other than for EQ...

Anybody?
HybridIndie
I use it for all kinds of effects. Keep in mind that it can behave just like a classic vocoder or like an insert effect. Basic setup would look something like this to create the classic vocoder vocal: Malstrom / Subtractor output -> BV512 Carrier In / DrRex left -> Modulator In / BV512 Outs -> Remix channel. Then copy the loaded rex loop to a sequencer track (to track button), enable MIDI on the Malstrom and run the sequence. Play notes through a controller to hear the effect. I suggest playing around from here i.e. Use ReDrum channels as the Modulation source, use a Mod Output as the carrier (sin waves work best). The sky is the limit.

HybridIndie
Xkaptnk
QUOTE (HybridIndie @ Aug 18 2004, 12:34)
I use it for all kinds of effects. Keep in mind that it can behave just like a classic vocoder or like an insert effect. Basic setup would look something like this to create the classic vocoder vocal: Malstrom / Subtractor output -> BV512 Carrier In / DrRex left -> Modulator In / BV512 Outs -> Remix channel. Then copy the loaded rex loop to a sequencer track (to track button), enable MIDI on the Malstrom and run the sequence. Play notes through a controller to hear the effect. I suggest playing around from here i.e. Use ReDrum channels as the Modulation source, use a Mod Output as the carrier (sin waves work best). The sky is the limit.

HybridIndie

thanks dude smile.gif
Man-oh-man
Thanks so much - hit the wall so many times on this... rock on!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.