Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drum Machines!! Cubase Sl
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
KUNARI
hi,

I am using a Mac Powerbook, Tascam US-122 interface (24bit), and Cubase SL. My drum machine is pumping out 16 bit quality drum samples. I seem to be getting a bit of noise when I use a compressor on my drum machine tracks. Is this just a dithering issue? All my other tracks, even while compressed, are crystal clean such as my guitar tracks (recording direct with POD Line6). Just wondering if the 16 bit output of the drum and Cubase's 24 bit recording is playing a factor.

thanks.
Kunari
lepetitmartien
Maybe the compression just make the noise louder…

Check your compresson settings…

Also, are you using the same path (cables) for other stuff and your drummachine ? You may have a noise loop and never had marked it before…

So fish into your cables too… in case…
KUNARI
thanks for the post,

No, I'm not even using a mixer, I'm running my drum machine directly to the interface. I am also doing the same thing with my guitar tracks directly from Line 6 POD to interface. Just wonder why drums mach is getting hissng white noise, and guitar tracks aren't. The compressor I'm using is a plugin in Cubase as a send effects on each track. I assuming its just a slight dithering issue.

thanks,
jon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.