Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason And Dp4
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
a_geer
I am currently trying to use Reason to get my drum loops to put in DP$, but I am not sure the best way to go about this. How do I create a single drum loop in Reason without any other instruments and then export that file to a track on DP$??
Thanks!!
surrealka
You've got a couple of options. First, you can create your drum loop, print it to Reason's sequencer (by selecting the ReDrum and the seq. track you want to print to and choosing Edit>Copy pattern to track), set your loop points, and choose File>Export loop as audio file. Then open your DP file, go to your soundbites window and choose import, then pull up the file you exported from Reason. It will pull it up, convert to SDII files, and you can just drop them into your sequence window. When exporting from Reason, you need to make sure you export at the same sampling rate/bit depth as the DP file you're going to drop them into.

A more eloquent method, however, is to use Reason in ReWire mode. To do this, start DP first (this is important!). Now open Reason. Then, create two tracks in DP: one aux track and one stereo audio track. Set the input for both as Reason main 1 and 2. Now create your loops in Reason, and it will sync and play along with DP. You can record the output of Reason on the audio track you made. This method takes more processing power, of course, but it's cool because you can adjust your loops while playing back the DP files, adjust tempo, etc. and get it how you want it before actually recording to disk. You can also record MIDI in DP and send it out to any of the Reason instruments (and vice versa, record your changes in Reason to MIDI tracks in DP) or wire individual Reason instruments to their own separate tracks in DP via the Hardware Interface. This is especially cool because it allows you to use DP plugins on Reason instruments.

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.