Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Audio From Sample Editor In Logic
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Logic Express & Logic Pro
kilowatt
Ok, I'm a pretty new Logic user (Logic Platinum 5.4 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 with an M-Audio Delta 1010).

When I want to edit a waveform, say, reverse part of it, and maybe do some old fashion copy and paste on it, I double click it from the Arrange window, and it brings up the Sample Editor.

When I press the button that looks like a speaker (and pressed, its a green speaker), the audio should play, correct? The cursor moves, but there is no sound. Viewing the M-Audio control panel mixer application shows no audio on any channels. Scrubbing audio is also mute.

Now, it has worked in the past, but it seems as though I must be setting something wrong. I'm very new to this, so excuse me if this is a dumb question ;-)

Thanks in advance!

--Elliott
editbrain
i think you have to have the little green man pushed..

maybe wrong. sorry i am real sleepy.

happy recording,

jeremy
kilowatt
Ok, I figured it out.

Well, I asked my Digital Recording teacher from the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences, and he knew exactly what it was.

When you scrub audio, it has to come out via a track. The track is defined right under that speaker icon (it is mid level, far left side of the edit window). In my case, I had it set to Track 1, which had some pretty heavy volume level automation, and that is why it appeared to work, and sometimes not work.

Now, I'm just going to set aside a track for scrub audio (like, track 30 or something)

Thanks for the suggestion - if that button had been pressed as you suspect, and playback was at the end of the track, the same thing would have happened - only for different reasons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.