Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Sound From Cubasesx2
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
cristerb
I have enabled rewire so that cubase and reason are connected. I can see the volume measure bouncing, but no sound. I get sound in reason. I am using motu 828. I have sett it to play through the motu....But no sound. Also could anybody explain to me how to choose the input from the motu to record a guitar. All the inputs and outputs are listed in the device window..but i canīt find out how to connect them to a channel. Thanks
rickenbacker
Is there a setting in SX for audio out? I'm pretty sure there is/must be. I haven't used SX in a while, so I can't really remember too much about it, but I think you have to select your audio interface (ie 828). Check the PDF manual.

When you say "choose the input from the motu to record a guitar", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean how to operate the 828 or how to get SX to see the input? I'll try answering both. smile.gif

Plug your guitar into Input 1 on the back of the 828. Flick the switch on the front to the down position (mic/line, not 48v). Turn up the input gain for channel 1 on the 828. Wail away on your geetar and watch the level meters. Set your dials accordingly.

In SX, well, you need to be able to see the 828 to record stuff. Apart from making sure in Audio Midi setup (Mac Utilities) that the 828 is recognised, you can check in SX by clicking any of the VST Input or Output options under the Devices menu. Take VST Outputs - click and hold at the bottom of that window and you should be able to select from the various options (ie built-in sound or your 828).

To record your guitar, just select an audio channel in SX, arm it to record and choose the 828 as its In and Out in the left-hand column in the Arrange page. Or at the bottom of the track info in the Mixer view.

I'm pretty sure all that should do it. If it doesn't answer your questions, be more specific and I'll try and help some more. I'll dig out my SX dongle and open up the program with my 828 connected and try and record a guitar track.

Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.