Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toast Labels
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > iMusic: iPod, iTunes, MP3 etc.
Don Corson
I am having good experiences recording audio tapes to AIFF (Sound Studio) and then to CD-R (Toast 4.1.3). Recordings seem to be working just fine.

However, when I set up the burn, I add track and CD labels. The burn goes fine, but when I reinsert the new audio CD, neither the Finder nor iTunes see the disk nor the track names. Well, iTunes sees the names and displays them for about a second then reverts to generic track numbers (Audio 1, audio 2, etc). I know the track names have been saved, because iTunes shows them, if but briefly. The Finder (OS 9.1.1) does NOT see the track names. Toast sometimes sees the names in the CD Characteristics window; I have not figured out what settings prior to the burn allow Toast to see the names and what setting keep the names from being seen.

Is there a setting in Toast 4.1.3 that I am missing that makes the track names visible to iTunes and the Finder? If I upgrade (at some expense) to Toast Titanium, will the track and CD names be more visible?

TIA

Don
Synthetic
i have noticed that same problem. I think it may be relative to the burner more so than the software but I am not positive about that. For instance, I noticed that some of the new rack mount (19' audio hardware rack) audio CD burners advertise track naming capable. I have often wondered why retail CD's do not have this info either. Maybe it is related to the CD-Rom just not reading the info. That may be the problem too. I am thinking that the CD-Rom must be setup to read audio text info but again I am no expert and only trying to offer possible reasons. If you do figure it out, can you post the info ;-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.