Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cubase Sx With Edirol Ua-5
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
CruiSE
New to Cubase SX. Just got Cubase SX which is borrowed from a friend until I can afford Logic 6. Did have Logic 4.7 Platinium OS9 but deleted OS9 as Logic was the only OS9 app I used. Thought this was pointless so I only use OSX now and classic isn't powerful enough to run Logic 4.7. Got an Edirol UA-5 which I used with Logic and found it easy to set up. Trying to set it up with Cubase proved more difficult. I installed the Edirol UA-5 OSX Driver but whatever I did, adjusting settings in the driver and Cubase SX I couldn't get low latency and reliable through put, just fuzz and breaks in the sound.

Mac Spec: eMac 700 with 1Gb RAM and a 40Gb HD

What values do I use: UA-5 Driver, Number of Disk Buffers, Disk Buffer Size, Audio Buffer Size and Expert Settings to get good results?

Hyperlink to UA-5 Driver Instructions below
UA-5 Driver Instructions

Thanks, Any help given appreciated
Adam
CruiSE
To narrow it down a bit. It works on very high audio buffer size but I want low latency. Listening to the UA-5 input bouncing from Cubase SX back to my UA-5 and UA-5 monitor at the same time, the software bounce is 1 sec late which is very late. Plus after a while the processor load builds and the software bounce fuzzes and overloads the processor.

What would be helpful is to know if a higher disk buffer size and number is better for the processor and overall performance.

Thanks
Adam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.