Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cubase & Apple's Internal Gm
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
mmstip
When I edit midi in Cubase SX 1.05.1, I can't hear anything coming out. Output says: Not Connected!
If I save it as a midi file, I can hear result thru Quicktime.
What's wrong here? Is it Cubase or Apple?
kaboombahchuck
I'm a bit confused by just exactly what you meen.

When you say you edit midi, then can't hear anything comming out, does this meen that you could hear it before editing? Your output says not connected... have you chosen an instrument to play the file (track)? If not, try choosing Quicktime instruments (or any internal soft synth for that matter), and see what happens, or if you have a hardware synth connected to the mac (and have the audio from the synth hooked up as well) go that way.
mmstip
No hardware yet! Ordered it yesterday
I can't choose Quicktime instruments at all. So I can't hear anything before or after editing.
I know I have Quicktime Synthesizer selected as the default Quicktime Music (System Preferences), so there's nothing wrong with the machine, because I can play Midi files and other programs can use the Quicktime Instruments.

Do you know where I can choose the Quicktime Virtual Midi in Cubase? I think it's a major Bug ...

Second problem: when I'm in editing mode and I'm trying to move a part to another key, I get the error: "Error Protected Objectserver,
Synsonos.bundle doesn't have the expected interface ; Syncrosoft Pos Error"
kaboombahchuck
Cubace is not a program that I have ever had much luck with. However I went and opened my copy (don't know what version) and could not find Quicktime instruments, so it must be a cubace thing. Normally you would be able to chose the port (or instrument) by holding your mouce down over where it has it listed in the tracks. For instance it will say track 1, then something like cubace.. If you hold the mouse down over where it says cubace a window will open with all of your available choises..

I don't know why it will not allow you to make changes to an imported midi file... possible there is some sysex data associated with the file. Try removing sysex in the options (i think) window.
stalked
Just wondering if any solution was ever found as I am having exactly the same cant select quicktime nightmare. I do hope so ive been at it hours
any help would be top
cheers
mmstip
QUOTE (stalked @ Jan 23 2004, 18:10)
Just wondering if any solution was ever found as I am having exactly the same cant select quicktime nightmare. I do hope so ive been at it hours
any help would be top
cheers

No, Cubase just ignores the Quicktime Synth. I think any hardware is needed...
gdoubleyou
cool.gif
The answer is simple, In OSX quicktime Instruments are Audio Units.

To use it in SX you need an AU host like RAX, and an app like JackTools, or soundflower to route the audio, because SX is the last to receive Audio Unit support.

Or you can use the cheesey USM that's included with SX.
stalked
G-Dub

Thanks for the reply, any chance of a bit more of an explanation as to how this is done, Ive had a go and SX doesnt seem to recognise soundflower as a device (not connected) also when im in RAX it doesnt allow me to change between sounds/instruments. Ive selected the DLS synth (as it was the only option) & it comes up with the same generic sound, the drop down instrument menu wont drop down. I would use the cheesy USM but I cant seem to get SX to recognise this either. I get the feeling I'm doing something major wrong, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
jmax
You can use Jack an audio server for OS X to route audio from QT to Cubase. It can do much more complex routing than SoundFlower and is worth a look.

By the way, I have Cubase SX and it didn't come with the USM. I think that was dropped when they moved from OS 9 to X.

-John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.