Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reccomendations For Budget Sequencer?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Software on MacOS X
RGirardi
Hello,

Can anyone reccomend an inexpensive sequencer program? I've acquired a powerbook G4 that I will be using mostly for sampling/synthesis. (NI Kontakt, Reaktor). Perhaps eventually doing some audio recording, no more than 8 tracks.I have a semi-blown Pro-Tools rig at home for intensive recording. There does not seem to much out there for OSX (Cubasis would have worked for me in OS9). If I spend $229 for the Cubase (or was it Logic?) big box, then I might as well spend $300 for Ableton Live, which I'm sure is great, but I was hoping to spend $100 or so. Thanks
-rob
Baltimore
kaolgal
There is a sequencer for OSX called Intuem. You can find it at www.intuem.com

It looks like a nice GUI. I believe it's $79
rickenbacker
I didn't get on with Intuem at all when it first launched. Maybe they've improved it.

There's a new OS X multitracker called Tracktion. Don't know how much it costs, but it's going through beta stage now so check out the demo.

Otherwise, you know in your heart that you've got to spend a little extra for something like the Logic Big Box. Isn't that under $200, though? Not too shabby.
Metro SE
Take a look at Metro SE!
lunker
I'd also like to point out Tracktion: http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/products/tracktion because this is an awesome sequencer/multitrack program for about $80, I believe. PC and Mac. I'm in a similar situation -- a new guy who wants to record on a Mac -- and someone else on the OSX Audio board suggested this. I downloaded the demo on PC and it's very cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.