Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insufficient Access Privileges Error
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Mac and Peripherals > Operating System and Other Apps
jimbowats
insufficient access privileges for operation error message

hi all,
whenever i try to import a audio file into logic 6.3.2, the file imports, the overview for the wave file is created, then i get the error message 'insufficient access privileges for operation result code=-5000'

how can i stop this?

jim
itchy
It sounds like:

1: You need to "get info" on the folder/directory that you're using to write the audio files to because, it doesn't sound like you're the "owner" of that folder.
2: Change the "owner" to you.

This may or may not be your problem. I've had a similar experience with iTunes and trying to "write" audio to my mp3 drive.

Hope that helped.

Phil
PristineRec
You might also try to repair the permissions.
Go to /applications/utilities/disk utility
Under the "First Aid" tab, click on "Verify Disk Permissions", if that finds errors, click on "Repair Disk Permissions".
Hope that helps!
lepetitmartien
You can also use Onyx (freeware) to repair permissions (and do a lot of other things). From it you can run the maintenance script build in OSX. It's not bad either before the permissions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.