MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Starting All Over Again
mishmashmole
posté mer. 24 sept. 2008, 08:41
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 avril 05
Lieu : Norrköping - SE
Membre no 64,114

Hi everyone,

I need to start all over again. But this time, I want it to be the last time for a long time. Um...

You see due to reconfigs, system updates I have rejigged my setup so many times I never get settled into a workflow.

I have a Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz, 1.5G RAM, a Stanton Scratch amp for my soundcard, a Remote SL25 and about 25 Gigs of samples/ loops.

I've always used Ableton Live. i recently tried the demo of 7. My computer struggled even without playing anything so I've given that up and actually went back to Live 4! It starts in like 2 seconds and the CPU isn't strained at all. I like that.

What I want to do is have a basic setup. I'd like to know maybe a couple of good free, easy to understand VST synths and maybe a drum machine to use with my Remote SL25.

Any suggestions for loop/sample management? Most of them come from computer music magazine (which I can borrow from my local public library). I have about 3 gigs that I have organised myself.

Any ideas/advice? All welcome!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
mishmashmole
posté dim. 28 sept. 2008, 16:12
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 avril 05
Lieu : Norrköping - SE
Membre no 64,114

Ah cheers, tons of info there I can use. I really appreciate your help and knowledge. I will start by re-installing the demo of Live7 and see how I get on. I will re-check and re-try and let you know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 3 juin 2024, 03:03
- © 440 Forums 2011