MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G3 Blue& White Tower, Upgrades
James1966
posté mer. 7 mai 2003, 02:19
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 mai 03
Lieu : Sedona - US
Membre no 17,131

I just got a G3 BLu&Wht and would like to know my G4 card upgrade options.Also it can take a 2nd ATA HD and I'd like to know if its better to put a firwire HD in there or external.In addition it has a zip drive and I'd like to swap it out and get something else.Anybody have suggestions? I plan to max the memory out too. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
robinsky
posté mer. 7 mai 2003, 09:17
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 mars 02
Lieu : Vienna
Membre no 3,707

I have the 300 MHZ B&W. I bought a G4 500 MHZ upgradecard from sonnet (www.sonnettech.com) in autumn and actually it worked very well with music. But I had a few systemcrashes with other tools like Word, InternetExplorer or even Illustrator. I switched back to G3 after 2 or 3 month and don't have any problems.
Today I will get my cardexchange and I really hope it'll work now. But speed is very good with the card and doing audio no problem.
It depends if you want to be mobil. I have a FirewireHD cause I need it at home and in the studio, so FireWire is perfect. If you're working at the same place all the time, I would install the HD internal. To swap the Zip is a good idea, but you can't put anything else in there, which is really a mess! angry.gif
To upgrade your memory is never wrong!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 29 mars 2024, 07:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008