MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maxtor External Hds, HDs won't daisy chain
bonzulu
posté lun. 25 oct. 2004, 17:07
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 févr. 04
Lieu : Berlin - DE
Membre no 35,906

Hi, I recently got a second Maxtor ext HD to chain with the older 5000 series HD. I've not activated the Retrospect Express app. My powerbook crashes when I plug them both in but both work on their own. However--on my iBook they daisy chain just fine. I assume there's a config issue in the powerbook- any advice on this? Thanks in advance from Bonzulu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetik
posté ven. 12 nov. 2004, 20:30
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 juil. 02
Lieu : Minneapolis - US
Membre no 5,668

If the OS is different on the Powerbook this might be your issue. Just visit the Maxtor site and you should find something worth value in the downloads, Otherwise you Powerbook may just be out of date on fireware. try updating that to.

If all else fails get a couple Seagate drives

hehehe biggrin.gif

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 13 nov. 2004, 05:18
Message #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

I have 3 maxtors connected to now my G5, previously on my G3. the obvious reason can be the OS question, if you move the drives between OS 9 and OS X you are GOING TO HAVE TROUBLES sad.gif

Keep them in OS 9 or OSX only.

Now, if it's not that. Check if the enclosures have not some firmware updates to make. try to use other cables (or swap them).

Also: check the way you power them, start by powering the last on the chain first, then the next to last etc.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 1 juin 2024, 21:59
- © MacMusic 1997-2008